March 9, 2020
Spring Cleaning Month : Walls, Floors, Doors, and Lights
It’s Spring Cleaning Month! Last week was Prep Week – I shared some favorite tools, DIY recipes, and ingredients. Go here to see all the posts from Spring Cleaning Prep Week and from this series. This week is WALLS, FLOORS, DOORS, and LIGHTS.
We’re going to start on the left hand column of the Spring Cleaning Checklist and work our way down – here’s my checklist for the week:
- dust edges and corners at the ceiling level
- dust edges and corners at the ground level
- dust or vacuum vents
- vacuum baseboards
- wash baseboards
- wipe switch plates
- wipe door knobs
- dust light fixtures
- dust ceiling fans
I added the Spring Cleaning Checklist tasks (link to the free printable is below) to my Homekeeping Planner (grab it on sale!) and put them on days that it made sense with the Daily and Weekly Tasks. For instance, I’m doing the baseboards on Wednesday – Vacuuming Day and Thursday – Floor Washing Day.
Here’s your checklist to get started:
- FOLLOW: Make sure you’re following along on Instagram @cleanmama
- SUBSCRIBE: If you haven’t subscribed to the blog – you can do that by putting your name and email address in the Free Printables Page
- DOWNLOAD + PRINT: Once you get the password (you only need to enter your email address in ONE time), grab the Spring Cleaning Checklist on the Free Printables Page – this is what we are following for the month of March.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS: Spread the word on your social media and tag me so I can share too! Cleaning is always more fun with friends!
WATCH FOR A NEW POST EVERY MONDAY: Every Monday for the month of March I’ll lay out the plan for the week, tell you how I’m approaching Spring Cleaning and then I’ll have a post or two during each week that helps with the tasks for the week. Make sure you’re following along on Instagram for DAILY updates from the Clean Mama HQ 😉 (my house).
NEW TO THE CLEAN MAMA ROUTINE?: I’m going to be doing a little bit of review and introduction before we get started on our Spring Cleaning – don’t even think about getting overwhelmed, it’s just cleaning and it’ll be fun! You might want to grab this printable for a run-down of the Clean Mama Routine.
Happy March and Happy Spring Cleaning – get excited, it’s going to be a great month!
If you’re looking for an in-depth cleaning guide, my brand-new PDF packet, Clean Mama’s Guide to a Clean Home: Finding Peace in Your Routine has amazing checklists, a quick-start guide, DIY cleaning recipes and more. Check it out here.