January 27, 2014
Start Here. Week 5 – Utensil Storage
It’s week five of Start Here. – I hope you’re still feeling motivated and like you can do this – because you totally can! (I’ll have the February calendar (free) up on the blog on Wednesday!) If you didn’t see the first post and grab the free printable, go back to the post for the full overview and explanation here. If you want to follow along on Instagram or post your own progress, I’d love it if you used the hash tag #cmstarthere
This week the focus is on your UTENSIL DRAWER(S). Utensil drawers take a beating and get used on a daily basis. This simple task may lead to reorganization of other drawers (you can thank me later), but start with just one drawer (most likely your silverware drawer) and go from there. Take a couple minutes to follow these super simple steps and get your utensil drawers in tip-top shape.
- EMPTY – Remove everything from your utensil drawer(s). Put the contents on a counter or kitchen table.
- WIPE DOWN – Spray the drawer with your favorite all purpose cleaner and wipe clean.
- SEPARATE – Separate your utensils in a divider (if you have one) if you don’t have one, consider purchasing one this week.
- LINE DRAWER (optional) – Lining your drawers isn’t a necessity but it keeps the drawer protected from spills and makes cleaning it out a little easier. This is my favorite.
- LABEL (optional) – I use clear tape on my label maker and print out a label for certain utensils. It makes it easier to remember what goes where for me and anyone else putting dishes away.
Any utensil drawers to organize this week?
Want to make 2014 the year that you cleaned and organized everything? Me too!
Come see how you can use printables to organize in my shop!)
Follow along! Don’t forget to subscribe in the sidebar!