November 7, 2014
Thanksgiving Table Ideas for the Kids
Ah, Thanksgiving. One of my favorite holidays – there’s definitely expectation involved but Thanksgiving has always felt like a simpler holiday to me. It’s all about being grateful and thankful for what we have and reflecting on the year. Gathering around the table is such a fun and fond memory for me. But, if your kids are anything like mine, Thanksgiving dinner lasts about 15 minutes. I like a more leisurely approach to the dinner with multiple helpings and an afternoon and evening around the table. Today’s round-up is how I’m hoping to keep the kiddos entertained on Thanksgiving – I hope it sparks lots of ideas for you and your family.
- Set the perfect Thanksgiving table for kids with these fantastic ideas from Sugar and Charm
- Count your blessings by creating a Blessings Tree for your family. Includes free printable tags to get you started. Via Jones Design Co.
- Print out these placemats for the ultimate entertainment and time filler at the Thanksgiving table. You could even have the placemats printed and laminated for years to come. Via BHG
- Using simple materials found at your favorite craft store, these napkin rings could easily be made up ahead of time or created at the table. Via Art Bar Blog
- Put together a simple treat bag filled with crayons, stickers and little odds and ends to keep kiddos busy at the table. Via Katherine Marie
- How sweet is this fall bunting made from materials easily found around your home? Via Simple As That
The link for the placemats from BHG isn’t working for me. Could you repost it or find out the correct one? Thanks!
Becky SaysPost author