January 14, 2019
The Clutter Challenge – WEEK 3 – Bathrooms
Welcome to week 3 of THE CLUTTER CHALLENGE! I am so excited for you to join me!
How did week 2 go for you? Were you able to get a little or a lot of kitchen decluttering accomplished? For me, it felt really good to go through cupboards and drawers and pare down duplicates and to donate some rarely or never used items.
Are you ready for week 3 of The Clutter Challenge? Even if you didn’t finish everything up from last week or if you haven’t started, jump right into week 3 and follow the checklist. Each week, we’re working through different areas of our homes following the checklist. We’re starting this week in the bathroom(s). Keep reading for links to posts and tips for getting your bathroom(s) decluttered this week.
TIP: Clean your bathrooms using my bathroom speed cleaning process first and then get started with your decluttering.
You’ll find that there’s a specific order in the free printable list for the month. It’s important that you follow this order for decluttering your home but complete it in a way that makes sense for your schedule. Some recommendations: one task a day, set a timer for 10-15 minutes, or 2-3 tasks a day until completed. This order matters because it will take you through the house in a logical, sequential, and efficient way. If you haven’t grabbed the checklist yet, there’s a link down below 🙂
The goal for this week is to work on the Bathrooms Checklist and do one or two of these things every day this week.
- completely clear + clean bathroom counters
- bathroom cabinets – tackle all of them or just one or two
- bathroom drawers – tackle all of them or just one or two
- medicine cabinet – empty, get rid of expired items, and return items
- toiletries and makeup (see my tutorial when you click that link) – keep the best and get rid of anything you don’t use
- bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths – repurpose anything worn or with holes and keep the best
Every Monday for the month of January, I’ll post some tips for the week ahead right here on the blog (make sure you’re subscribing below). Read on for more, grab your checklist, and follow along! I’ll be posting daily as much as I can on Instagram Stories my personal progress with the hope that it inspires and helps you along the way too!
Follow and tag me on Instagram @cleanmama as you post your progress! I’m rooting for you and completing the challenge right along with you.
Psst! The Whole Home Declutter is the MONTHLY FOCUS in my Homekeeping Society subscription. Every month I focus on one room or area for the entire month – the subscription provides extra support and details to help you get and keep your home clean and organized. Check it out here.
JUST GETTING STARTED? HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Download the FREE printable Clutter Challenge Checklist (it’s down in the middle of the free printables page – I’m working on getting it to the top)
- Follow me on Instagram – I’ll be posting daily in my stories with what I’m working on every day.
- Follow along on Facebook
- Need more? Grab my Clutter Handbook!
- Did you pre-order my new book, Clean Mama’s Guide to a Healthy Home? It comes out March 5th!
See you back here each Monday for each week’s tasks in THE CLUTTER CHALLENGE!