September 27, 2022
The Magic of an Undated Planner – It’s Never Too Late to Start
It’s that time of the year – the new school year, new routines, and goals galore. It feels like the fresh start you’ve been waiting for but if you’ve been here before and start strong only to lose that momentum in the hustle and bustle of fall, you’re going to love this post. If you’re overwhelmed with trying to balance home, work, and family life, I’ll show you how a planner can help you with that!
I love an undated planner – here’s why:
- It’s never too late to start because you can start ANYTIME!
- No wasted pages or unused planners. Out of town and didn’t bring your planner – no worries, just pick up where you left off. Things went sideways and you haven’t used the planner in a month – no biggie!
- Feel accomplished, not defeated. You are always in forward motion, concentrating on what you CAN do, not what you didn’t get done
The Homekeeping Planner is and has always been undated – grab one now and start off fresh and with a new approach to planning. If you’re thinking that this is an add-on kind of planner, this is designed to be your ONLY planner – you can keep track of everything in it! Home stuff, work, kids, meals, cleaning, goals, planning ahead….it’s all there! If you want to go page by page through the planner, you can do that on shop page.
Here’s how I set up my undated Homekeeping Planner up – you can start any month:
- Choose the pens/pencils you’re going to use – I like having a specific pen/pencil that I use throughout the planner for uniformity. You can go to this post for some of my favorites.
- Set up the tabs for the months you’re going to start – I started mine in August, but since it’s almost October, you can start yours for October or November or maybe you want to start a planner now for the new year – that works too. The beauty of an undated planner, you can also label it as you go. Lots of options!
- Label the months and add dates. I write in each month and then I label weeks for the month in front of me, or as needed. This is a personal preference – you could sit down and do the whole year, you could go quarterly, or month by month. The Homekeeping Planner has 2023 and 2024 year at a glance calendars at the front of the planner – I use that to refer to months as I’m filling in the months or I use the calendar on my phone.
- Jot down important dates and goals. Putting dates and goals to paper makes them easier to remember and also impacts the effort we put forth.
- Just start! Do your best and approach every day as a fresh start!
Embrace the flexibility and freedom that comes with an undated planner, I think you’ll love using one! The 2023 Homekeeping Planner is pre-filled with the Clean Mama Routine so you can rest easy knowing that those tasks are there and ready for checking off. Here’s to a fresh approach to home!
I’m a big believer in the power of writing things down and the impact of using undated planning products – come see my Homekeeping Planners, Calendars, and Paper Products.
I love sharing the Clean Mama Routine with you and helping you figure out the perfect system for you to use to keep track of your tasks. This post compares the Homekeeping Planner, the Quarterly Daily Planners, and Homekeeping Society.
Looking for more Organizing Inspiration?
Get Access to Clean Mama's Free To-Do List Printable
You'll also get access to the entire free printable library!