July 2, 2015
The Perfect Picnic Bag
I like to plan things out and being spontaneous isn’t one of my best qualities. But I’ve found that I can embrace spontaneity with a little planning ahead. And guess what? No one needs to know that the surprise picnic was easy to pull together. In the summer it’s fun to grab sandwiches for lunch or dinner and head to a park for a little impromptu picnic. This perfect picnic bag is how I pull it off with ease. It’s super easy to pull together – you might even have the necessities already!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- a bag large enough to hold your supplies
- plastic bags to tote away any garbage
- disposable plates
- wipes for hand and face wiping
- silverware and napkins
- plastic straws (if necessary)
- bath towel to wipe down any tables or equipment
- tablecloth for sitting on or covering a picnic table
- large rocks (in a plastic bag) to hold down the picnic tablecloth or blanket
I love having silverware ready to go – this works great for get-togethers and for this picnic tote. If I’m doing this for a get together I’ll put the wrapped silverware in a basket at the start of the buffet line or in the middle of the table. Easy peasy! All you need is silverware (disposable or not), napkins, and washi tape. Simply roll the silverware into the napkin and adhere a little washi tape to keep it together and that’s it!
Ready to make a little spontaneity in your meal planning? My favorite part of picnic-ing (next to the quality family time, of course!)? No kitchen mess!