February 26, 2019
Tuesday is Dusting Day – Healthy Home Cleaning Routine Week
Welcome to Healthy Home Cleaning Routine Week! Happy Tuesday – that means that it’s Dusting Day! I’ll be on Instagram quite a bit this week in Stories and going live – make sure you’re following over there.
Concentrate on what you can do today – even if you have 10-15 minutes, do something!
While you’re thinking about the cleaning routine this week, I’m going to suggest some little changes you can make to easily add in to your routine that will help your create a healthy home! If you haven’t pre-ordered your copy of Clean Mama’s Guide to a Healthy Home, grab it now and get all the pre-order goodies that go with it. Go here to check it out.
Healthy Home Week – Dusting: Take a peek at what you’re dusting your home with – look at the back of your products. If you see warnings like: use in a ventilated room, or do not use around children, or if you are pregnant, think about that for a minute. If it’s harmful for children do you really want to use it? How can it be safe for you if it’s not safe for them? In my new book, I go into explicit detail about what is safe and what isn’t and I can tell you that there are probably things in your bathroom that you want to get rid of pronto. This week, try dusting with a barely damp microfiber cloth or just a dusting wand (this one is my favorite).
Why do I dust on Tuesdays?
Dusting should always come before vacuuming because you are whipping up dust as you dust and you want to be able to vacuum the dust up. Don’t worry about vacuuming today (that’s tomorrow). Curious what products I use? Go here.
3 Tips to Keep Up with the Dust
- Dusting consistently is key to keeping up with the dusting. I find that weekly dusting works for this – if I see a little dust on a table during the week I either ignore it or do a quick wipe down.
- Keep less on the surfaces so it’s quick and easy to dust.
- Change air filters when it’s recommended for your home system.
Here’s what I want you to do today for dusting:
- Dust all the flat surfaces, lifting up and removing items as you go. If you spot something that needs to be put elsewhere or tossed out, put it in a basket and deal with it later today.
- Work quickly and eliminate distractions to complete this dusting adventure.
- Once you’ve conquered one room, move to the next, and so on. Finish on the main level of your home with a top-to-bottom, left-to-right approach.
Comment on Instagram when you complete the post and feel free to share your post and tag me too! #cleanmama #cleanmamascleaningroutine
I’m linking up the days as we go this week – click below on any day to catch up!
Sunday – just the DAILY TASKS (these five tasks might change your life)
Monday – BATHROOMS + daily tasks
Tuesday – DUSTING + daily tasks
Wednesday – VACUUMING + daily tasks
Thursday – FLOOR WASHING + daily tasks
Friday – CATCH-ALL DAY + daily tasks
Saturday – SHEETS + TOWELS + daily tasks