January 4, 2014
A Simplified Week – Calendar + Bill Pay
As part of Start Here. I’m going to be posting a weekly recap each week on Fridays or Saturdays. I’ll be giving you a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. I hope you like this feature as much as I do. Happy Weekending!
Bill Pay + Calendar:
- Sitting down to pay bills may actually be fun when you have such a colorful and organized space. Via A Bowl Full of Lemons.
- Just how long are you supposed to keep those receipts and paperwork for? Print out this freebie printable and get cracking on filing and shredding. Via Clean Mama (that’s me)
- and here’s another freebie printable to get you started brain storming your filing categories from me.
- This cute DIY mail and paper sorter sure beats the teetering pile on the countertop. Via Noodlehead.
- Totally loving this perpetual calendar and daily journaling box I spotted on Etsy. I love the idea of capturing daily moments in an easy and cute way.
Something To Eat:
- Mel’s Kitchen recipes never ever let me down. This recipe for Tuscan Sausage soup is delicious. I made it last night and we’ll be eating it for lunch today.
Something for the Kids:
- We have had a week full of snow and chilly weather here in the Midwest. My kiddos are ready for some fun alternatives to snow angels and snowmen. Check out this great round-up of fresh winter ideas via Red Ted Art.
Something to Make:
- Our family has been officially hit with the winter bugs. Rather than going straight to the medicine cabinet, we like to supplement with natural options when we can. I especially am intrigued to try the homemade VapoRub option via It’s Just Laine.