July 3, 2018
What’s in My Cleaning Closet
A few weeks ago I shared how I organized my cleaning closet (see all the organizing supplies in that post) – I got so many questions about specific products so I thought this would be a perfect post for my series – Take a Peek. I love looking at details and organizing strategies online and in magazines and I thought you might looking at these spaces in my home as well. I’m going to share sources, strategies, and what works for us in the hopes of inspiring you to tackle organizing a space in your home. Each post will have numbers to point to details in the picture with tips and tricks to inspire you to organize a space in your home. You’ll find all the sources linked at the very bottom of the post. I hope you enjoy it! So here you go – product by product, shelf by shelf, what I keep in my cleaning closet.
I’ve rearranged this space quite a bit and have finally come to the best solution for how it’s organized. The main problem was that I didn’t have a designated spot for DIY ingredients and liquid concentrates and soaps. I love how the Lazy Susans make those supplies easy to access.
- GLASS JARS – great for organizing and containing. I keep wood clothespins, scrub brushes, and bars of castile soap in them.
- ALL-PURPOSE CONCENTRATES + CASTILE SOAP – I love using castile soap and cleaning concentrates when I clean.
- PRE-MIXED CLEANERS – This is where I keep DIY solutions that are already mixed up and ready. I also keep a couple of my favorites here too.
- DIY INGREDIENTS – Vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, washing soda, epsom salt, rubbing alcohol. I keep the larger powders in large Ball jars – you can see them here.
- EMPTY SPRAY BOTTLES + SPRAYERS – Glass spray bottles that fit comfortably in your hand make cleaning more enjoyable (really!).
- MICROFIBER CLEANING CLOTHS – I love cleaning with microfiber – having the cloths at-the-ready make using them easy. You can see all the microfiber in my shop here.
- BAR MOP TOWELS – I love using bar mop towels for cleaning in the kitchen and any other cleaning. I keep a stash in my cleaning closet and in the kitchen.
- FLOUR SACK TOWELS – NEW in the shop! These vintage style flour sack towels are great for glass and windows, drying dishes, and if you want to clean with cotton. Bonus: they dry super quickly!
- FLOOR PADS + FLOOR DUSTERS – This basket holds microfiber pads for floor cleaners and floor dusters.
- FLOOR + CARPET CLEANING SOLUTIONS – I use DIY floor cleaners or concentrates (like castile soap or Sal Suds) most of the time on my floors but I keep a couple floor and carpet cleaners on hand. You can see my favorite floor cleaning tools and products on my cleaning favorites page here.
- FLOOR CLEANING TOOLS – I love having my floor cleaning tools handy – you can see my favorites here.
Anyone ready to streamline their cleaning supplies?