July 11, 2013
Quick Clean – Makeup Brushes
How about a cleaning task that you can do in under five minutes? Makeup brushes. Add washing your brushes to your beauty routine at least once a month and your brushes will last longer and you’ll eliminate bacteria on your brushes which eventually will end up on your face.
Why should you wash your makeup brushes?
- old makeup builds up on the bristles
- bacteria from the oils on your face build up on the brushes
- if you use use brushes in multiple products like different shades of eye shadow you are cross-contaminating your makeup and shades
3 Ways to Wash Your Makeup Brushes
- Daily Brush Cleaner – this works best when you start with clean brushes (I like this one from Origins).
- Mild shampoo or baby shampoo
- Mild hand soap
If you are washing your brushes for the first time in a while, you’ll want to choose hand soap or shampoo. Wet the bristles, add a drop of soap or shampoo, rinse until the water runs clean and blot any extra water on a clean towel. (Clean your brushes after you apply your makeup for the day because it may take a bit for the brushes to fully dry.
When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes?