April 9, 2020
Nightly Sink Scrub + Bathroom Scrub
My favorite DIY recipe is also my favorite nightly ritual – the Nightly Sink Scrub. If you are new here and haven’t seen this part of my daily routine, here’s how I mix it up. This little recipe will change your evening kitchen routine for the better. The best thing? It works on ANY sink type! Porcelain, stainless steel, acrylic, copper, stone, solid surface – scrub away!
The premise is that every night we reset the kitchen, put the dishes in the dishwasher, wipe up the counters and finally sprinkle a little sink scrub in the sink, add a squirt or two of dish soap and give the sink a good scrub and rinse.
This recipe also works as an all-purpose bathroom scrub – use it on sinks, faucets, tubs and showers. If you have a white sink or tub, add a little Oxygen Whitener to surface with the powder, scrub and rinse.
Gather your Ingredients:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- castile or dish soap
- container with a lid or a shaker top
- sink safe scrub brush or sponge – look for one like this that you can toss the head in the dishwasher to sanitize as needed.
Mix up and Use:
- put baking soda in your container – I like using a mason jar
- add essential oils to the top of the baking soda
- stir and combine with a table knife
- wet your sink
- sprinkle liberally in your sink
- add a squirt or two of dish or castile soap
- scrub with a sink-safe scrubber
- rinse thoroughly
- dry with a cleaning cloth or air dry
You can grab both the Nightly Sink Scrub and Bathroom Scrub labels here in my shop.